About Leadership Rice
Leadership Rice prepares students for authentic leadership through a process that provides experiences to translate theory into action, enables students to identify personal values and motivations, and instills reflection as discipline.
Consistent with the university's Vision for the Second Century, Leadership Rice aims to prepare talented Rice students for leadership across the spectrum of human endeavor and to contribute to an education that, in President Leebron's words, "equips our students...to make a distinctive impact in the world."
We provide leadership development opportunities to undergraduates from every discipline with additional opportunities for those students displaying the highest capacity and strongest ambition for significant leadership.
Leadership Rice programs have several objectives:
- Provide a theoretical framework that informs the practice of leadership
- Fuel the ambition of students to exert strategic influence
- Equip students with the skills necessary for significant leadership
- Open doors of opportunity for high-level leadership
- Contribute to the mission of the Center for Civic Engagement by developing civic-minded leaders for whom the practice of leadership represents a means of impacting communities
Our programs include:
- Academic Classes
- Summer Mentorship Experience
- Leading Edge Workshop & LEAD 150 Practicum
- Envision Grant
- Speakers & Workshops
Please explore our programs to learn about the leadership development opportunities we provide, and don't hesitate to contact us. We are located in the Center for Civic Leadership on the second floor of the RMC (above the Grand Hall).
We look forward to working with you.