About Leadership Rice
Leadership Rice exists to prepare students for leadership by enhancing their motivations to lead, developing their capacity to lead, and providing opportunities to lead. Consistent with the university's Vision for the Second Century, Leadership Rice aims to prepare talented Rice students for leadership across the spectrum of human endeavor and to contribute to an education that, in President Leebron's words, "equips our students...to make a distinctive impact in the world."
We provide leadership development opportunities to undergraduates from every discipline with additional opportunities for those students displaying the highest capacity and strongest ambition for significant leadership.
Leadership Rice programs have several objectives:
- Provide a theoretical framework that informs the practice of leadership
- Fuel the ambition of students to exert strategic influence
- Equip students with the skills necessary for significant leadership
- Open doors of opportunity for high-level leadership
- Contribute to the mission of the Center for Civic Engagement by developing civic-minded leaders for whom the practice of leadership represents a means of impacting communities
Our programs include:
- Academic Classes
- Summer Mentorship Experience
- Envision Grant
- Speakers & Conferences
Please explore our programs to learn about the leadership development opportunities we provide, and don't hesitate to contact us. We are located in the Center for Civic Engagement on the second floor of the RMC (above the Grand Hall).
We look forward to working with you.