Summer Mentorship Experience Application Process
Applications are due on Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.
*Applications submitted at or after 9:01 a.m. will not be accepted.*
The application is found online at http://ofur-app.rice.edu/application
For this application you will need:
- A headshot photo (.jpg)
- Unofficial transcript (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- Completed "SME Supplemental Information and Essays" form, saved in PDF format (see instructions below)
- Contact information for one recommender (name and e-mail)
STEP 1: Complete the online application at http://ofur-app.rice.edu/application/
- Under "Awards/Opportunities" check ONLY "Summer Mentorship Experience"
- Be prepared to upload a photo (.jpg), transcript (PDF), and resume (PDF)
- E-sign and submit form
STEP 2: After clicking "SUBMIT" you will be directed to a page with four options:
Update your personal information
Manage your awards/opportunities (i.e. your Summer Mentorship Experience Application)
Essays *please see SME essay process in bulleted list below
You will need to provide an essay for each award that you applied for. Essays must be in PDF format.
- For the 2014 SME Application, students are required to complete this form: "SME Summplemental Information and Essays Form"
- Once this form is completed, in its entirety, save it as a PDF document.
- Upload the final PDF version into the Essays section of your online application.
The system will send out an e-mail request on your behalf to the recommenders you specified. Please have the names and the e-mail addresses of your recommenders ready.
- For the SME Application, students should confirm with your recommender that he/she is willing to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf before you submit their name and e-mail address in the system. Recommendation letters are due by Tuesday, January 21st at 11:59 p.m. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your recommender to ensure that your recommendation is completed by the deadline. You will not receive notification through the application system that your letter has been received.
STEP 3: Have you already started an SME application and would like to return to it?
- Upon submitting the form, you can visit ofur-app.rice.edu/private and log in with your netID to upload additional items or make changes.
- It is advisable for students to secure your chosen letter of recommendation writer as soon as possible. This will allow the letter writer sufficient time to write on your behalf in the weeks leading up to the deadline.
- You are encouraged to utilize the services of the Center for Career Development for resume-writing and the Center for Written, Oral, and Visual Communication for support with writing and responding to the SME essay prompts.
- For additional resources to assist you with your application click Tips for Application.
- No changes to your application will be accepted after 9 a.m. on Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014!
Contact Felicia Martin at email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process.