Leadership Rice Mentorship Experience Application Process
Join us for an Information Session on December 8th or January 13th, 5-6 p.m. in Sewall Hall 309 for more information regarding the Leadership Rice Mentorship Experience, and to hear from former fellows.
Applications are due on Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 at 9 a.m.
*Applications submitted at or after 9:01 a.m. will not be accepted.*
The application is found online at http://ofur-app.rice.edu/application/
For this application you will need:
- A headshot photo (jpg)
- Unofficial Transcript (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- Completed “2015 LRME Supplemental Questions” form, saved in PDF format (see below)
- Contact information for one recommender (name and email)
STEP 1: Complete the online application form at http://ofur-app.rice.edu/application/
- Under “Awards/Opportunities” check ONLY “Leadership Rice Mentorship Experience"
- Be prepared to upload a photo(.jpg), transcript(.pdf), and resume(.pdf).
- E-sign and submit the form.
STEP 2: After clicking “SUBMIT”, you will be directed to a page with four options:
Update your personal information.
Manage your awards/opportunities (i.e. Your Leadership Rice Mentorship Experience Application).
Essays* please see LRME essay process outline below
- You will need to provide an essay for each award that you applied for. Essays must be in PDF format.
- For the 2015 LRME Application, students are required to complete this form: 2015 LRME Supplemental Questions
- Once this form is completed, in its entirety, save it as a PDF document
- Upload the final PDF version into the Essays section of your on-line application.
- The system will send out an email request on your behalf to the recommenders you specified. Please have the names and email addresses of your recommenders ready.
- For the 2015 LRME Application, students should confirm with your recommender that he/she is willing to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf before you submit their name and e-mail address in the system.
- Recommendation letters are due Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your recommender to ensure the recommendation is completed by the deadline. You will not receive notification through the application system that your letter has been received.
STEP 3: Have you already started an LRME application and would like to return to it?
- Upon submitting the form, you can visit ofur-app.rice.edu/private and log in with your netID to upload additional items or make changes.
Additional resources to assist you with your application click Tips for Application.
No changes to your application will be accepted after 9 a.m. on Wednesday, January 21st 2015 at 9:00 a.m.! Contact Felicia Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process.